Paso Robles Daily News | September 14, 2016 –
Several local elected leaders have endorsed Republican Jordan Cunningham of Templeton for California State Assembly, the candidate announced this week. Cunningham is running for the 35th District seat against Democrat Dawn Ortiz-Legg in November’s election. The winner will fill the seat of Assemblyman Katcho Achadjian who is not seeking re-election.
Cunningham has earned the endorsement of three assemblymen who have represented the district. He has also earned the support of eight county supervisors, 11 mayors or mayors pro tem, 10 city councilmembers and 11 school board trustees.
- Assembly: Katcho Achadjian, Sam Blakeslee, and Tom Bordonaro
- Supervisors: Debbie Arnold, Lynn Compton, Frank Mecham, Jerry Lenthall, Mike Ryan, Harry Ovitt, Peter Adam, and Steve Lavagnino
- Mayors and mayors pro tem: Tom O’Malley, Heather Moreno, Ray Johnson, Shelly Higginbotham, Ed Waage, Alice Patino, Etta Waterfield,Barbara Harmon, Bob Lingl, John Linn, Frances Romero
- Council members: Brian Sturtevant, Roberta Fonzi, Mary Ann Reiss, Steve Gregory, Jack Boysen, DeWayne Holmdahl, Dirk Starbuck, Jim Mosby,
- Victor Vega, Ann Ruhge
- School board trustees: Peter J. Sysak, Angela Mitchell, Gaye Galvan, Katrina Merson, Shirley Sigmund, Kevin Hamers, Phil Keohen, David LaRue,
- Mary Kay Mills, Ray Buban, David Witkin
- Sheriffs: Ian Parkinson, Bill Brown
- District attorney: Dan Dow
“It’s a great honor to have so many local leaders support me,” said Cunningham. “No one knows better than they what it takes to be an effective leader for our region. When elected, I plan to use these relationships along with my experience to provide the pragmatic voice our residents deserve.”
Cunningham is a school board member, a former deputy district attorney, a taxpayer advocate, a businessman, husband and father.
For a complete list of endorsements or to learn more about Jordan Cunningham, visit: www.JordanCunningham.org.