Protecting the Central Coast Economy
- SB 1090: Minimizes the impact of the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant closure by funding community impact mitigation measures as well as workforce retention efforts.
Helping Our Students
- AB 1743: Funds the Career Technical Education Incentive Grant (CTEIG). High-quality career technical education (CTE) programs can provide all students with pathways to a career.
Keeping Our Community Safe
- AB 484 (SIGNED INTO LAW): Strengthens California sex offender laws by expanding the sex offender registry to include some of the most heinous forms of sexual assault.
- AB 1339 (SIGNED INTO LAW): Requires thorough background checks for all employees of law enforcement agencies.
- AB 2013: Keeps the names of victims & witnesses of crimes, including gang related offenses, confidential.
- AB 2986 (SIGNED INTO LAW): Strengthens the safety of ride-sharing platforms by ensuring passengers can accurately identify their driver before entering a vehicle.
Combating Human Trafficking
- AB 1735: Grants victims of human trafficking the ability to receive up to 10-year protection order from abusers.
- AB 1736 (SIGNED INTO LAW): This law allows prior statements of trafficking victims and other witnesses to be introduced at trial under specific circumstances.
- AB 1738: Requires registration as a sex offender for any individual who targets a human trafficking victim who is a minor.
- AB 1868 (SIGNED INTO LAW): Allows schools the option of including curriculum about the dangers of sending sexually explicit materials over social media and cellphones.
Expanding Water Supply
- AB 457: Calls on the state to conduct a study on the feasibility of repurposing the desalination facility of Diablo Canyon for local water use.
Empowering Small Businesses to Grow and Thrive
- AB 657 (SIGNED INTO LAW): Ensures all state agencies host a small business liaison that advocates for employers and holds bureaucracies accountable.
- AB 522 (SIGNED INTO LAW): Promotes local winemakers and non-profits by allowing non-profits to raise money with prizes of donated wine.
Making Home Ownership More Affordable
- AB 3041 (SIGNED INTO LAW): Bans hidden fees on homeowners known as private transfer fees, which can result in disqualifying unsuspecting buyers from obtaining federal loans.
Honoring our Veterans and Country
- AB 866 (SIGNED INTO LAW): Allows American flags and California state flags on gateway monuments (monuments erected at the entrance of a city or county). CalTrans policy previously disallowed American flags on gateway monuments.
Recognizing Members of the Central Coast Community
- ACR 103 (PASSED BY THE LEGISLATURE): Designates a portion of State Route 101 as the Matthew “SLOStringer” Frank Memorial Highway. SLOStringer was widely known for his diligence and accuracy as a premier source of public safety news in the community.